Our Genealogy Helper for Saint Severin de Beauce ...
Although we found mention of Saint Severin de Beauce during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Saint Severin de Beauce was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Saint Severin de Beauce (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Saint Severin de Beauce. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Name Variations for Saint Severin de Beauce ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Various errors happen - anything from simple spelling to bad translations or people who just guessed at the name. Sometimes the post office had a slightly different name than the community and while one document might refer to the community name, the next might use the post office name.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give a you a feel for the variations that might have occurred with Saint Severin de Beauce.
- Typical abbreviation for Saint Severin de Beauce: St. Severin De Beauce
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Saint Severin de Beauce:
- Websites specific to Quebec
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Quebec
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Saint Severin de Beauce ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Saint Severin de Beauce.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Saint Severin de Beauce covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Sylvestre Cemetery
- St. Sylvestre Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Saint Severin de Beauce.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Sylvestre Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Sylvestre Cemetery
- St. Bernard Cemetery
- Methodist Leeds Cemetery
- St. James Cemetery
- St. James Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the west of Saint Severin de Beauce.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. James Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. James Cemetery
- Plummer Cemetery
- Plummer Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Saint Severin de Beauce.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plummer Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plummer Cemetery
- Greenlay George Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Anglican Kinnears Mills Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- St. Gilles Cemetery
- St. Gilles Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Severin de Beauce.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Gilles Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Gilles Cemetery
- Lower Ireland Wesleyan Methodist / United Cemetery
- Bullard Brook Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bullard Brook Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Bullard Brook Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Severin de Beauce.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bullard Brook Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bullard Brook Cemetery
- Congregational Church Cemetery
- Adderly Presbyterian Cemetery
- St. Luke's Anglican Cemetery
- Maple Grove Anglican Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Saint Severin de Beauce. See our List of 1890's Communities around Saint Severin de Beauce.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Saint Severin de Beauce and then turned east". While Saint Severin de Beauce could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Saint Severin de Beauce as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Saint Severin de Beauce could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Quebec community named Saint Severin de Beauce.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Severin de Beauce) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Severin de Beauce. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Severin de Beauce
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Severin de Beauce. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.3256, Longitude: -71.0557
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|