Communities Also Named Saint Regis ...
We have found three communities that share the name Saint Regis.
Within Quebec, the name Saint Regis is unique.
Beyond Quebec, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- DuPage County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Illinois community of Saint Regis [DuPage County].
- Mineral County
- This Saint Regis is located in Mineral County and lies 1,919 miles [3,088.3 km]<2> to the west northwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Regis
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Mineral County community of Saint Regis.
- New York
- Franklin County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Regis
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Franklin County community of Saint Regis.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Regis ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bombay [Franklin County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bombay have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bombay
- Bombay [Franklin County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Regis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bombay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bombay<4>
- Cornwall Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cornwall Centre
- Cornwall Centre lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Regis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornwall Centre
- Cornwall Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cornwall Island
- Cornwall Island lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the west of Saint Regis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornwall Island
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dundee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dundee
- Dundee lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Saint Regis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dundee
- Helena [Saint Lawrence County]
- Hogansburg [Franklin County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hogansburg have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hogansburg
- Hogansburg [Franklin County] lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Regis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hogansburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hogansburg<4>
- Maple Grove - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Maple Grove. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Grove
- Maple Grove was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Saint Regis
- Summerstown Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summerstown Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerstown Station
- Summerstown Station lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Saint Regis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summerstown Station
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Saint Regis. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Corbett Charles 'Corb' Denneny (Professional hockey)
- Linda Richards (Medical pioneer)
- Medical pioneer. She was born in Potsdam (New York) on Tueday July 27, 1841 and died in Boston (Massachusetts) on Wednesday April 16, 1930 at the age of 88. She is buried at Forest Hills Cemetery (Suffolk County, Massachusetts).
- Potsdam is located 28 miles [45.1 km] to the southwest of Saint Regis.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Linda Richards<7>
- Lucy Hobbs Taylor (Medical pioneer)
- Medical pioneer. She was born in Constable (New York) on Thursday March 14, 1833 and died in Lawrence (Kansas) on Monday October 3, 1910 at the age of 77. She is buried at Oak Hill Cemetery (Douglas County, Kansas).
- Constable is located 17 miles [27.4 km] to the east of Saint Regis.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Lucy Hobbs Taylor<7>
How Far From Saint Regis to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Saint Regis to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Regis and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 59 miles [95 km]<2> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could walk a straight line from Saint Regis to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<8> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The shortest distance<9> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,546 miles [8,925.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,271 miles [10,092.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<11>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,148 miles [6,675.6 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<12>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Saint Regis could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Regis) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Regis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0003, Longitude: -74.6461
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<8>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<9>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Regis to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 305.811 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 302.073 degrees.|
|<12>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 300.942 degrees.||