Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Prosper ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frampton
- Frampton lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Prosper
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frampton
- Moose River [Somerset County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moose River have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moose River
- Moose River [Somerset County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the south of Saint Prosper
- Estimated population in 2019: 206 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Prosper
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
How Far From Saint Prosper to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Saint Prosper to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Prosper and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 256 miles [412 km]<2> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Prosper to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,334 miles [8,584.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,056 miles [9,746.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,932 miles [6,327.9 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Quebec Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Prosper. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Prosper) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Prosper. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Prosper
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Prosper. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2000, Longitude: -70.4833
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Prosper to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 302.966 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 299.104 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 298.209 degrees.||