Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Prime ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hebertville
- Hebertville lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Saint Prime
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hebertville
- Hebertville Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hebertville Station
- Hebertville Station lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the east of Saint Prime
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hebertville Station
How Far From Saint Prime to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Saint Prime to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Prime and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 270 miles [434.5 km]<1> to the southwest (SW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Prime to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,315 miles [8,553.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,049 miles [9,734.9 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,930 miles [6,324.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Prime. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Prime) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Prime. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Prime
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Prime. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.6000, Longitude: -72.3333
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Prime to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 303.712 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 300.356 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 297.809 degrees.||