Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Pierre de Lamy ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Picard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Picard
- Picard lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Pierre de Lamy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picard
- Saint Louis du Ha! Ha!
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Louis du Ha! Ha! came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Louis du Ha! Ha!
- Saint Louis du Ha! Ha! lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Saint Pierre de Lamy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Louis du Ha! Ha!
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Transfiguration came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Transfiguration
- Transfiguration lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Saint Pierre de Lamy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Transfiguration
How Far From Saint Pierre de Lamy to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Saint Pierre de Lamy to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Pierre de Lamy and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 356 miles [572.9 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Pierre de Lamy to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 21 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 14 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,216 miles [8,394.3 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,942 miles [9,562.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,820 miles [6,147.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Pierre de Lamy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Pierre de Lamy) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Pierre de Lamy. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Pierre de Lamy
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Pierre de Lamy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.7855, Longitude: -69.0015
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Pierre de Lamy to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 301.689 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 297.971 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 296.492 degrees.||