Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Philibert ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frampton
- Frampton lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Philibert
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frampton
- Jackman [Somerset County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jackman have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jackman
- Jackman [Somerset County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the south of Saint Philibert
- Estimated population in 2019: 815 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jackman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jackman<4>
- Moose River [Somerset County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moose River have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moose River
- Moose River [Somerset County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the south of Saint Philibert
- Estimated population in 2019: 206 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rumpelville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rumpelville
- Rumpelville lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Saint Philibert
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rumpelville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Philibert
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
How Far From Saint Philibert to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Saint Philibert to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Philibert and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 253 miles [407.2 km]<2> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Philibert to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,338 miles [8,590.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,060 miles [9,752.6 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,936 miles [6,334.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Philibert. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Philibert) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Philibert. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Philibert
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Philibert. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1416, Longitude: -70.5446
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Philibert to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 303.016 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 299.149 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 298.273 degrees.||