Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Paul de Montminy ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arthurville
- Arthurville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Saint Paul de Montminy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arthurville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arthurville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frampton
- Frampton lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Saint Paul de Montminy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frampton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Saint Paul de Montminy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tourville
- Tourville lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Saint Paul de Montminy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tourville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tourville
How Far From Saint Paul de Montminy to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Saint Paul de Montminy to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Paul de Montminy and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 271 miles [436.1 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Paul de Montminy to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,309 miles [8,544 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,033 miles [9,709.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,909 miles [6,290.9 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Paul de Montminy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Paul de Montminy) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Paul de Montminy. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Paul de Montminy
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Paul de Montminy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.7311, Longitude: -70.3602
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Paul de Montminy to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 302.785 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 298.997 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 297.839 degrees.||