Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Augustin - Saguenay ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Mesh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Mesh
- Big Mesh lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the north of Saint Augustin - Saguenay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Mesh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Mesh
- Half Way Cabin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Way Cabin
- Half Way Cabin lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Saint Augustin - Saguenay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Half Way Cabin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Way Cabin
- Little Fishery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Fishery
- Little Fishery lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Saint Augustin - Saguenay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Fishery came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Fishery
- Rocky Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Bay
- Rocky Bay lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Saint Augustin - Saguenay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rocky Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Bay
How Far From Saint Augustin - Saguenay to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Saint Augustin - Saguenay to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Augustin - Saguenay and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 876 miles [1,409.8 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Augustin - Saguenay to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 50 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 35 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 4,695 miles [7,555.9 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,422 miles [8,725.9 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,300 miles [5,310.8 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Quebec Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Augustin - Saguenay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Augustin - Saguenay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Augustin - SaguenayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Augustin - Saguenay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2333, Longitude: -58.6500 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Augustin - Saguenay to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 293.833 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 290.031 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 288.106 degrees.||