Curious and Interesting Names Near Pointe Carleton ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Desert Brule
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desert Brule
- Desert Brule lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Pointe Carleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Desert Brule came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Desert Brule
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Satellite
- Satellite lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Pointe Carleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Satellite came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Satellite
How Far From Pointe Carleton to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Pointe Carleton to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Pointe Carleton and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 663 miles [1,067 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Pointe Carleton to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just about two full days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 38 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 26 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 4,910 miles [7,901.9 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,636 miles [9,070.3 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,513 miles [5,653.6 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pointe Carleton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pointe Carleton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pointe Carleton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pointe CarletonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pointe Carleton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7311, Longitude: -62.9436 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Pointe Carleton to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 297.213 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 293.411 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 291.83 degrees.||