Our Genealogy Helper for Pointe au Chene ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Pointe au Chene (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Pointe au Chene. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Pointe au Chene:
- Websites specific to Quebec
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Quebec
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Pointe au Chene ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Pointe au Chene.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Pointe au Chene covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Avoca Cemetery
- Pointe au Chene Protestant Cemetery
- Calumet Cemetery
- Scotch Road Cemetery
- Cassburn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cassburn Cemetery
- Cassburn Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Pointe au Chene.
- Cassburn Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cassburn Methodist Church Cemetery
- Cassburn United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cassburn Cemetery
- Edina Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Edina Cemetery
- The Edina Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<2> to the northeast of Pine Hill.Stated another way, Edina Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the east of Pointe au Chene.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edina Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2271135<1>
- Continue List ...
- Lost River Cemetery
- Brownsburg RC Cemetery
- Glen Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Glen Cemetery
- Glen Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Pointe au Chene.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Cemetery
- McLaughlin Cemetery
- Louisa Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Louisa Cemetery
- Louisa Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Pointe au Chene.
- Louisa Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Aidans Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Louisa Cemetery
- Fenaghvale Cemetery
- Grace Church Anglican Cemetery
- Plantagenet Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plantagenet Cemetery
- Plantagenet Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Pointe au Chene.
- Plantagenet Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Paul's RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plantagenet Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2414784<1>
- Kirkhill United Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Pointe au Chene. See our List of 1890's Communities around Pointe au Chene.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pointe au Chene. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pointe au Chene) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pointe au Chene. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pointe au CheneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pointe au Chene. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7180, Longitude: -74.6966 |