Curious and Interesting Names Near Pointe a la Fregate ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Fox River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox River
- Fox River lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Pointe a la Fregate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox River
- Rose Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rose Bridge
- Rose Bridge lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Pointe a la Fregate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rose Bridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rose Bridge
- Sunny Bank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunny Bank
- Sunny Bank lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Pointe a la Fregate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunny Bank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunny Bank
How Far From Pointe a la Fregate to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Pointe a la Fregate to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Pointe a la Fregate and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 566 miles [910.9 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Pointe a la Fregate to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 33 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 23 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,006 miles [8,056.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,732 miles [9,224.8 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,610 miles [5,809.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pointe a la Fregate. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pointe a la Fregate) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pointe a la Fregate. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pointe a la FregateOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pointe a la Fregate. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.2000, Longitude: -64.9333 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Pointe a la Fregate to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 298.68 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 294.917 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 293.337 degrees.||