Our Genealogy Helper for Place Dubois ...
Although we found mention of Place Dubois during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Place Dubois was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Place Dubois (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Place Dubois. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Place Dubois:
- Websites specific to Quebec
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Quebec
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Place Dubois ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Place Dubois.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Place Dubois covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Dudswell Center Cemetery
- Lothrop Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lothrop Cemetery
- Lothrop Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Place Dubois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lothrop Cemetery
- St. Clement De Bishopton Cemetery
- Lakeside Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeside Cemetery
- Lakeside Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Place Dubois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeside Cemetery
- Lorne Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lorne Cemetery
- Lorne Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Place Dubois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lorne Cemetery
- Westbury Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Denison's Mills Cemetery
- Windsor Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Windsor Cemetery
- The Windsor Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Windsor.To be precise, Windsor Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Place Dubois.
- Windsor Cemetery has also been known as:
- Windsor Protestant Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Windsor Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2272694<3>
- Maple Grove Anglican Cemetery
- Maple Grove Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Maple Grove Cemetery
- Maple Grove Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Place Dubois.
- Maple Grove Cemetery has also been known as:
- Congregational Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Grove Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2339935<3>
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- Ascot Corner Pioneer Cemetery
- Ascot Corner Cemetery
- Bown Cemetery
- Cimetiere Sainte-Praxede
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cimetiere Sainte-Praxede
- Cimetiere Sainte-Praxede lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Place Dubois.
- Cimetiere Sainte-Praxede has also been known as:
- Ste. Praxede Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cimetiere Sainte-Praxede
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Place Dubois. See our List of 1890's Communities around Place Dubois.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Place Dubois and then turned east". While Place Dubois could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Place Dubois as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Place Dubois could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Quebec community named Place Dubois.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Place Dubois) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Place Dubois. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7961, Longitude: -71.6797 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|