Curious and Interesting Names Near Pikogan ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amos
- Amos lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the south of Pikogan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Amos came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amos
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Amos<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berry
- Berry lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Pikogan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Berry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berry
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Pikogan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cadillac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fisher
- Fisher lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Pikogan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fisher came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fisher
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gourd
- Gourd lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Pikogan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gourd came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gourd
How Far From Pikogan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Pikogan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Pikogan and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 247 miles [397.5 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Pikogan to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,529 miles [8,898.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,272 miles [10,093.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,161 miles [6,696.5 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pikogan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pikogan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pikogan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PikoganOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pikogan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.5992, Longitude: -78.1199 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Pikogan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 307.602 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 304.67 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 301.004 degrees.||