Curious and Interesting Names Near Perron ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amos
- Amos lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Perron
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Amos came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amos
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Amos<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the west of Perron
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cadillac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cafe
- Cafe lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Perron
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cafe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cafe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fisher
- Fisher lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Perron
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fisher came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fisher
How Far From Perron to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Perron to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Perron and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 208 miles [334.7 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Perron to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,527 miles [8,894.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,267 miles [10,085.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,154 miles [6,685.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Perron. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Perron) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Perron. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PerronOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Perron. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.1667, Longitude: -77.5500 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Perron to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 307.276 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 304.236 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 300.902 degrees.||