Curious and Interesting Names Near Peribonka ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Begin
- Begin lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the east of Peribonka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Begin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Begin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hebertville
- Hebertville lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the south of Peribonka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hebertville
- Hebertville Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hebertville Station
- Hebertville Station lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the south of Peribonka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hebertville Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverbend
- Riverbend lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Peribonka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Riverbend came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverbend
How Far From Peribonka to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Peribonka to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Peribonka and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 294 miles [473.1 km]<1> to the southwest (SW). If you could drive a straight line from Peribonka to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,290 miles [8,513.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,023 miles [9,693.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,905 miles [6,284.5 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Peribonka. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Peribonka) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Peribonka. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PeribonkaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Peribonka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7886, Longitude: -71.8578 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Peribonka to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 303.359 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 299.998 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 297.437 degrees.||