Communities Also Named Parisville ...
We have found one communities that share the name Parisville.
Within Quebec, the name Parisville is unique.
Beyond Quebec, there is another community also named Parisville in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Huron County
- This Parisville is located in Huron County and lies 557 miles [896.4 km]<1> to the west southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parisville
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Huron County community of Parisville.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Parisville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dieppe
- Dieppe lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Parisville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dieppe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dieppe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pidgeon
- Pidgeon lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Parisville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pidgeon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pidgeon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Princeville
- Princeville lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the south of Parisville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Princeville
- Red Mill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Mill
- Red Mill lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Parisville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Mill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Mill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Parisville. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Louis Charles 'Charlie' Langlois (Professional hockey)
How Far From Parisville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Parisville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Parisville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 190 miles [305.8 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Parisville to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,384 miles [8,664.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,110 miles [9,833.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,988 miles [6,418.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Parisville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Parisville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ParisvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parisville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5189, Longitude: -72.0642 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Parisville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 303.92 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 300.221 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 298.84 degrees.|