Communities Also Named Parent ...
We have found two communities that share the name Parent.
Within Quebec, the name Parent is unique.
Beyond Quebec, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Aroostook County
- This Parent is located in Aroostook County and lies 310 miles [498.9 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parent
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Aroostook County community of Parent.
- Benton County
- This Parent is located in Benton County and lies 926 miles [1,490.3 km]<1> to the west.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parent
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Benton County community of Parent.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Parent ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Parent, Casey is located 20 miles [32.2 km] to the East
How Far From Parent to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Parent to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Parent and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 179 miles [288.1 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Parent to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,428 miles [8,735.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,163 miles [9,918.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,045 miles [6,509.8 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Parent. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Parent) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Parent. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ParentOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parent. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.9167, Longitude: -74.6167 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Parent to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 305.351 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 302.054 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 299.432 degrees.|