Our Genealogy Helper for Parc du Relais du Routier ...
Although we found mention of Parc du Relais du Routier during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Parc du Relais du Routier was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Parc du Relais du Routier (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Parc du Relais du Routier. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Parc du Relais du Routier:
- Websites specific to Quebec
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Quebec
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New York
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Parc du Relais du Routier ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Parc du Relais du Routier.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Parc du Relais du Routier covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Belvedere Cemetery
- Lakeview Memorial Gardens
- Chateauguay Protestant Cemetery
- Kehal Israel Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Kehal Israel Cemetery
- Kehal Israel Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Parc du Relais du Routier.
- Kehal Israel Cemetery has also been known as:
- Kehal Israel Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kehal Israel Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1990855<2>
- Ormstown Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ormstown Union Cemetery
- Ormstown Union Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Parc du Relais du Routier.
- Ormstown Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ormstown Union Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2161852<2>
- Huntingdon Protestant Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Baron de Hirsch Memorial Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Baron de Hirsch Memorial Park
- Baron de Hirsch Memorial Park lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the northeast of Parc du Relais du Routier.
- Baron de Hirsch Memorial Park has also been known as:
- Baron de Hirsch Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baron de Hirsch Memorial Park
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2129446<2>
- Hillside Cemetery
- Dunn Cemetery
- Notre Dame des Neiges Cemetery
- Mt. Royal Cemetery
- Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Bethel Cemetery
- North Burke Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the North Burke Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the North Burke Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- North Burke Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the south of Parc du Relais du Routier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Burke Cemetery
- Sandy Knoll Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sandy Knoll Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Sandy Knoll Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sandy Knoll Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the south of Parc du Relais du Routier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sandy Knoll Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Parc du Relais du Routier. See our List of 1890's Communities around Parc du Relais du Routier.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Quebec Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Parc du Relais du Routier and then turned east". While Parc du Relais du Routier could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Parc du Relais du Routier as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Parc du Relais du Routier could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Quebec community named Parc du Relais du Routier.
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Parc du Relais du Routier) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parc du Relais du Routier. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3681, Longitude: -74.0472 |
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|