Our Genealogy Helper for Parc de la Chaudiere ...
Although we found mention of Parc de la Chaudiere during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Parc de la Chaudiere was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Parc de la Chaudiere (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Parc de la Chaudiere. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Parc de la Chaudiere:
- Websites specific to Quebec
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Quebec
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Parc de la Chaudiere ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Parc de la Chaudiere.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Parc de la Chaudiere covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Bernard Cemetery
- St. Gilles Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Gilles Cemetery
- St. Gilles Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Parc de la Chaudiere.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Gilles Cemetery
- St. Sylvestre Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Sylvestre Cemetery
- St. Sylvestre Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Parc de la Chaudiere.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Sylvestre Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Cimetiere de Cap Rouge / St. Felix Cemetery
- St. Nicolas Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Methodist Leeds Cemetery
- St. James Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. James Cemetery
- St. James Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southwest of Parc de la Chaudiere.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. James Cemetery
- Cote de la Montagne Cemetery
- St. Apollinaire Cemetery
- Mont - Marie Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mont - Marie Cemetery
- Mont - Marie Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the north of Parc de la Chaudiere.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mont - Marie Cemetery
- St. Etienne de Beaumont Cemetery
- Plummer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plummer Cemetery
- Plummer Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Parc de la Chaudiere.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plummer Cemetery
- Ste. Petronille Cemetery
- L'Ancienne Lorette Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Parc de la Chaudiere. See our List of 1890's Communities around Parc de la Chaudiere.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Parc de la Chaudiere and then turned west". While Parc de la Chaudiere could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Parc de la Chaudiere as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Parc de la Chaudiere could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Quebec community named Parc de la Chaudiere.
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Parc de la Chaudiere) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parc de la Chaudiere. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5281, Longitude: -71.1103 |