Our Genealogy Helper for Papineauville ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Papineauville (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Papineauville. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Papineauville:
- Websites specific to Quebec
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Quebec
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Papineauville ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Papineauville.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Papineauville covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Plantagenet Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plantagenet Cemetery
- Plantagenet Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the south of Papineauville.
- Plantagenet Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Paul's RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plantagenet Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2414784<2>
- Glenburn United Cemetery
- St. Hughes Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Hughes Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Hughes Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Hughes Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Papineauville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Hughes Cemetery
- Holy Cross Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross Cemetery
- Holy Cross Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Papineauville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross Cemetery
- Ste. Felicite RC Cemetery
- Pointe au Chene Protestant Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Holy Trinity RC Cemetery
- Lochaber Bay Cemetery
- Fenaghvale Cemetery
- Avoca Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Avoca Cemetery
- Avoca Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Papineauville.
- Avoca Cemetery has also been known as:
- McNeill Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avoca Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2317729<2>
- St. Mathieu RC Cemetery
- Cassburn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cassburn Cemetery
- Cassburn Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Papineauville.
- Cassburn Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cassburn Methodist Church Cemetery
- Cassburn United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cassburn Cemetery
- Hammond Protestant Cemetery
- St. Isidore RC Cemetery
- McLaughlin Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Papineauville. See our List of 1890's Communities around Papineauville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Papineauville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Papineauville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Papineauville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PapineauvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Papineauville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6167, Longitude: -75.0167 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|