Communities Also Named Odanak ...
We have found one communities that share the name Odanak.
There is one other community in Quebec which is also named Odanak.
- Communities Located In Quebec ...
- The profile page for Odanak #1
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Quebec community of Odanak.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Odanak ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crabtree
- Crabtree lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the west of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crabtree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crabtree
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dieppe
- Dieppe lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dieppe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dieppe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hunterstown
- Hunterstown lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hunterstown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hunterstown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Louiseville
- Louiseville lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Louiseville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Louiseville
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mitchell
- Mitchell lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the east of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mitchell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitchell
- Red Mill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Mill
- Red Mill lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Mill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Mill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Royville
- Royville lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the south of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Royville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Royville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wheatland
- Wheatland lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Odanak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wheatland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wheatland
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Odanak. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Lester Patrick (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Drummondville (Quebec) on Monday December 31, 1883 and died in Victoria (British Columbia) on Wednesday June 1, 1960 at the age of 76. He is buried at Royal Oak Burial Park (British Columbia).
- Drummondville is located 20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast of Odanak.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Lester Patrick<4>
How Far From Odanak to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Odanak to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Odanak and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 145 miles [233.4 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Odanak to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,432 miles [8,742 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,158 miles [9,910.3 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,035 miles [6,493.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Odanak. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Odanak could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Odanak) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Odanak. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OdanakOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Odanak. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0667, Longitude: -72.8333 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Odanak to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 304.491 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 300.78 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 299.48 degrees.||