Our Genealogy Helper for Notre Dame du Nord ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Notre Dame du Nord (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Notre Dame du Nord. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Notre Dame du Nord:
- Websites specific to Quebec
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Quebec
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Notre Dame du Nord ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Notre Dame du Nord.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Notre Dame du Nord covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Harley Twp. Cemetery
- New Liskeard Pioneer Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Valleyview Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Notre Dame du Nord.
- Valleyview Cemetery has also been known as:
- New Liskeard Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valleyview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2392671<1>
- Thornloe Pioneer Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Silverland Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Silverland Cemetery
- Silverland Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Notre Dame du Nord.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silverland Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Theresa Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Theresa Cemetery
- St. Theresa Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Notre Dame du Nord.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Theresa Cemetery
- Brentha Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brentha Cemetery
- Brentha Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Notre Dame du Nord.
- Brentha Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brentha Road Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brentha Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2199413<1>
- Englehart Cemetery
- Cimetiere De Ville-Marie
- Bearn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bearn Cemetery
- Bearn Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Notre Dame du Nord.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bearn Cemetery
- Fugereville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fugereville Cemetery
- Fugereville Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Notre Dame du Nord.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fugereville Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Notre Dame du Nord. See our List of 1890's Communities around Notre Dame du Nord.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Quebec Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Notre Dame du Nord: www.municipalite.notre-dame-du-nord.qc.ca/
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Notre Dame du Nord) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Notre Dame du Nord. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Notre Dame du NordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Notre Dame du Nord. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.6000, Longitude: -79.6500 |