Curious and Interesting Names Near Notre Dame des Pins ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frampton
- Frampton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Notre Dame des Pins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frampton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rumpelville
- Rumpelville lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Notre Dame des Pins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rumpelville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rumpelville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the north of Notre Dame des Pins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
How Far From Notre Dame des Pins to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Notre Dame des Pins to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Notre Dame des Pins and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 246 miles [395.9 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Notre Dame des Pins to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,343 miles [8,598.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,065 miles [9,760.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,941 miles [6,342.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Notre Dame des Pins. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Notre Dame des Pins) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Notre Dame des Pins. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Notre Dame des PinsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Notre Dame des Pins. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1855, Longitude: -70.7000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Notre Dame des Pins to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 303.107 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 299.258 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 298.327 degrees.||