Communities Also Named Noranda ...
We have found one communities that share the name Noranda.
Within Quebec, the name Noranda is unique.
Beyond Quebec, there is another community also named Noranda in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Whatcom County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Washington community of Noranda [Whatcom County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Noranda ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amulet
- Amulet lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the north of Noranda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amulet
- Beaver Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Lake
- Beaver Lake lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the west of Noranda
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the east of Noranda
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cadillac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Granada
- Granada lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Noranda
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Granada came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Granada
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Joannes
- Joannes lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the east of Noranda
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Joannes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Joannes
- Lucky Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucky Rock
- Lucky Rock lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Noranda
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucky Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucky Rock
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Noranda. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Elmer 'Moose' Vasko (Professional hockey)
How Far From Noranda to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Noranda to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Noranda and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 250 miles [402.3 km]<2> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Noranda to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,577 miles [8,975.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,319 miles [10,169.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,208 miles [6,772.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Noranda. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Noranda could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Noranda) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Noranda. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NorandaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Noranda. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.2500, Longitude: -79.0167 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Noranda to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 308.257 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 305.342 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 301.668 degrees.||