Communities Also Named Nicolet ...
We have found one communities that share the name Nicolet.
There is one other community in Quebec which is also named Nicolet.
- Communities Located In Quebec ...
- The profile page for Nicolet #1
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Quebec community of Nicolet.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nicolet ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Danville
- Danville lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Nicolet
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Danville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dieppe
- Dieppe lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Nicolet
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dieppe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dieppe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hunterstown
- Hunterstown lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Nicolet
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hunterstown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hunterstown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Louiseville
- Louiseville lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Nicolet
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Louiseville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Louiseville
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mitchell
- Mitchell lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Nicolet
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mitchell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitchell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Princeville
- Princeville lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the east of Nicolet
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Princeville
- Red Mill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Mill
- Red Mill lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Nicolet
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Mill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Mill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wheatland
- Wheatland lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the south of Nicolet
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wheatland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wheatland
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Nicolet. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- John Chretien (25th Prime Minister of Canada (November 1993 - December 2003))
- 25th Prime Minister of Canada (November 1993 - December 2003). He was born in Shawinigan (Quebec) on Thursday January 11, 1934
- Shawinigan is located 24 miles [38.6 km] to the north of Nicolet.
- Lester Patrick (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Drummondville (Quebec) on Monday December 31, 1883 and died in Victoria (British Columbia) on Wednesday June 1, 1960 at the age of 76. He is buried at Royal Oak Burial Park (British Columbia).
- Drummondville is located 23 miles [37 km] to the south of Nicolet.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Lester Patrick<4>
How Far From Nicolet to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a city such as Nicolet to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Nicolet and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 158 miles [254.3 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Nicolet to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,417 miles [8,717.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,143 miles [9,886.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,020 miles [6,469.6 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nicolet. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Nicolet could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nicolet) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nicolet. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NicoletOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nicolet. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2167, Longitude: -72.6000 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Nicolet to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 304.317 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 300.611 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 299.28 degrees.||