Curious and Interesting Names Near Kitcisakik ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cross Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cross Road
- Cross Road lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Kitcisakik
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cross Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cross Road
- Rock Wall Dock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rock Wall Dock
- Rock Wall Dock lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west of Kitcisakik
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rock Wall Dock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock Wall Dock
How Far From Kitcisakik to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kitcisakik to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kitcisakik and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 167 miles [268.8 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Kitcisakik to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,550 miles [8,931.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,288 miles [10,119.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,172 miles [6,714.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kitcisakik. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kitcisakik) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kitcisakik. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KitcisakikOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kitcisakik. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.5333, Longitude: -77.4500 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kitcisakik to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 307.296 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 304.153 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 301.157 degrees.||