Welcome to Victoria ...
The coastal village of Victoria is located on the south coast of Prince Edward Island (at the Northumberland Strait).
When the people of Victoria refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Victorian<1>
Victoria is near sea level<2>.
Time Zone: Victoria lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The area code for Victoria: (902)
The Canadian Postal Code for Victoria: C0A<3>
Communities Also Named Victoria ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 43 communities that are also named Victoria - they are located in Alabama, Alberta, Arkansas (2), British Columbia, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois (2), Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky (3), Louisiana, Manitoba, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri (2), Nebraska, New Brunswick, New Jersey, New Mexico (2), New York, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario (2), Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas (3), Virginia (2) and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Victoria.
Communities near Victoria ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Victoria.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerside
- Summerside lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Victoria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summerside came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summerside
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Summerside<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stratford
- Stratford lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Victoria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stratford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stratford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stratford<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Miltonvale Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miltonvale Park
- Miltonvale Park lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Victoria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Miltonvale Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miltonvale Park
- Borden - Carleton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Borden - Carleton
- Borden - Carleton lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Victoria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Borden - Carleton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Borden - Carleton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Borden - Carleton<5>
- North Rustico
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Rustico
- North Rustico lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Victoria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Rustico came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Rustico
- Clyde River
- Warren Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warren Grove
- Warren Grove lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Victoria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warren Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warren Grove
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Victoria ...
Looking for more information about Victoria? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Victoria, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Victoria.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Prince Edward Island
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Victoria. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Victoria refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a village's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Victoria may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Victoria - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Victoria). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Victoria or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Victoria) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Victoria. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VictoriaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Victoria. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2167, Longitude: -63.4833 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|