Welcome to Stratford ...
When the people of Stratford refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Stratfordian<1>
Time Zone: Stratford lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The area code for Stratford: (902)
The Canadian Postal Codes for Stratford: C1A, C1B<2>
Websites for Stratford ...
Official Website: www.town.stratford.pe.ca/
Communities Also Named Stratford ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 25 communities that are also named Stratford - they are located in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina (2), Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Quebec, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia (2), Washington and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Stratford.
Communities near Stratford ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Stratford.
- Miltonvale Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miltonvale Park
- Miltonvale Park lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Stratford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Miltonvale Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miltonvale Park
- Clyde River
- Warren Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warren Grove
- Warren Grove lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Stratford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warren Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warren Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brackley
- Brackley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Stratford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brackley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brackley
- Hunter River
- Union Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Union Road
- Union Road lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Stratford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union Road
- Mount Stewart
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Stewart
- Mount Stewart lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Stratford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mount Stewart came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Stewart
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mount Stewart<4>
- Winsloe South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winsloe South
- Winsloe South lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Stratford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winsloe South came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winsloe South
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Stratford ...
Looking for more information about Stratford? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Stratford, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Stratford.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Stratford: www.town.stratford.pe.ca/
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Stratford refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a town's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Stratford may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Stratford, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Stratford). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Stratford or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stratford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stratford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from StratfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stratford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2155, Longitude: -63.0846 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|