Welcome to Rocky Point ...
Although we found mention of Rocky Point during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Rocky Point was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Rocky Point to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Rocky Point, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Rocky Point: Rocky Pt.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Rocky Point might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Rocky Point would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Rocky Point: C0A<2>
Communities Also Named Rocky Point ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 27 communities that are also named Rocky Point - they are located in Alabama, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Florida, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana (2), New York (2), North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon, Prince Edward Island, Rhode Island, Tennessee (4), Texas, Virginia and Washington (3).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Rocky Point.
Communities near Rocky Point ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rocky Point.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stratford
- Stratford lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<3> to the east of Rocky Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stratford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stratford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stratford<5>
- Miltonvale Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miltonvale Park
- Miltonvale Park lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Rocky Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Miltonvale Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miltonvale Park
- North Rustico
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Rustico
- North Rustico lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Rocky Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Rustico came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Rustico
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Clyde River
- Warren Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warren Grove
- Warren Grove lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Rocky Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warren Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warren Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crapaud
- Crapaud lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the west of Rocky Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crapaud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crapaud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crapaud<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brackley
- Brackley lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Rocky Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brackley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brackley
- Hunter River
- Union Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Union Road
- Union Road lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Rocky Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union Road
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rocky Point ...
Looking for more information about Rocky Point? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Rocky Point, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Rocky Point.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Prince Edward Island
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Rocky Point and then turned east". While Rocky Point could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Rocky Point as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Rocky Point could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Rocky Point, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rocky Point). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Rocky Point or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rocky Point) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rocky Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2000, Longitude: -63.1500 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|