Welcome to Fanning Brook ...
Although we found mention of Fanning Brook during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Fanning Brook was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Fanning Brook to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Fanning Brook, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Fanning Brook: Fanning Brk.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Fanning Brook might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Fanning Brook would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Fanning Brook ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found another community named Fanning Brook - it's located in Prince Edward Island.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Fanning Brook.
Communities near Fanning Brook ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Fanning Brook.
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stratford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stratford
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Stratford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stratford <2>
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Montague came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montague
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Montague
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Montague <2>
- Miltonvale Park
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Miltonvale Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miltonvale Park
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Miltonvale Park
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Warren Grove
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warren Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warren Grove
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Warren Grove
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brackley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brackley
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Brackley
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the northeast)
- Saint Peters Bay
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Fanning Brook ...
Looking for more information about Fanning Brook? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Fanning Brook, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Fanning Brook.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Fanning Brook and then turned east". While Fanning Brook could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Fanning Brook as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Fanning Brook could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|