Our Genealogy Helper for Albion ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Albion (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Albion. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Albion:
- Websites specific to Prince Edward Island
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Prince Edward Island
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
- Stories from Prince Edward Island
Cemeteries Near Albion ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Albion.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Albion covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Baptist Cemetery
- Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Baptist Church of Sturgeon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baptist Cemetery
- St. Paul's RC Cemetery
- St. Paul's RC Cemetery
- Sturgeon United Baptist Cemetery
- Sturgeon United Methodist Cemetery
- Lower Montague Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Brudenell Pioneer Cemetery
- Brudenell Island Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brudenell Island Pioneer Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Brudenell Island Pioneer Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Brudenell Island Pioneer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brudenell Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brudenell Island Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2479124<1>
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Peters Road Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Peters Road Cemetery
- Peters Road Cemetery has also been known as:
- Peters Road Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peters Road Cemetery
- Montague Community Park Cemetery
- Brooklyn Church of Scotland Cemetery
- Murray Harbour North Presbyterian Cemetery
- All Saints Parish Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the All Saints Parish Cemetery
- All Saints Parish Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Albion.
- All Saints Parish Cemetery has also been known as:
- All Saint RC Cemetery
- All Saints RC Parish Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on All Saints Parish Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2610882<1>
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Albion. See our List of 1890's Communities around Albion.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Prince Edward Island
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Albion. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Albion) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Albion. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlbionOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Albion. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1384, Longitude: -62.5509 |