Welcome to Albany ...
When the people of Albany refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Albanian<1>
Time Zone: Albany lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The telephone area code for Albany: (902)
The Canadian Postal Code for Albany: C0B<2>
Communities Also Named Albany ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 33 communities that are also named Albany - they are located in California, Georgia (2), Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky, Louisiana (2), Maine, Minnesota, Missouri (3), Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio (3), Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), Tennessee (2), Texas, Vermont, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Albany.
Communities near Albany ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Albany.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerside
- Summerside lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Albany.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summerside came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summerside
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Summerside<5>
- North Rustico
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Rustico
- North Rustico lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Albany.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Rustico came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Rustico
- Clyde River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wellington
- Wellington lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Albany.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wellington came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wellington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wellington<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crapaud
- Crapaud lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Albany.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crapaud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crapaud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crapaud<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linkletter
- Linkletter lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Albany.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linkletter
- Hunter River
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Albany ...
Looking for more information about Albany? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Albany, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Albany.
Adding Albany to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source that we've referenced which mentioned Albany was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
We also found Albany mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian National Railway Time Tables (October 1960).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Albany.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Albany. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Albany refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Albany may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Albany, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Albany). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Albany or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Albany) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Albany. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlbanyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Albany. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2863, Longitude: -63.6443 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|