When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Delaware Water Gap.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Delaware Water Gap. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Delaware Water Gap.
Large Airports ...
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
- Atlantic City Intl. (ACY/KACY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Morristown Muni. (MMU/KMMU)
- Teterboro Airport (TEB/KTEB)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Stewart Intl. (SWF/KSWF)
- Westchester Co. Airport (HPN/KHPN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Stroudsburg - Pocono Airport (FAA ID: N53)
- Stroudsburg - Pocono Airport lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Delaware Water Gap.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stroudsburg - Pocono Airport
- Blairstown Airport (FAA ID: 1N7)
- Blairstown Airport lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Delaware Water Gap.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairstown Airport
- Pocono Mountains Muni. (ICAO: KMPO)
- Trinca Airport (FAA ID: 13N)
- Trinca Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the east of Delaware Water Gap.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinca Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Pennsylvania
About Monroe County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Delaware Water Gap. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Monroe County: www.co.monroe.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Delaware Water Gap), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Delaware Water Gap) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Delaware Water Gap. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Delaware Water Gap
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Delaware Water Gap. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.9834, Longitude: -75.1413 In this case, the coordinates for Delaware Water Gap have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).