Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Deer Lake.
Our newspaper information for Deer Lake is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Deer Lake. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Deer Lake. Our list contains 79 papers that were published within 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> of Deer Lake.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Deer Lake.
Newspapers Neighboring Deer Lake ...
The following newspapers were published within 14 miles [22.5 km] of Deer Lake.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Deer Lake.
- Published In Orwigsburg [Schuylkill County] ...
- Christlicher Kundschafter (from 1869)
- Daily News (from 1889)
- Die Demokratische Freyheits Presse (from 1835)
- Die Freyheits-Presse (from 1820)
- Die Stimme Des Volks, Und Allgemeiner Bekanntmacher (from 1832)
- Orwigsburg News (from 1889)
- Orwigsburg Times (from 1875)
- The Herald Of Freedom, And Clay, Frelinghuysen & Markle Straightout Champion (from 18??)
- Published In Hamburg [Berks County] ...
- Hamburg Advertiser (from 1863)
- Hamburg Berichter (from 1871)
- Hamburg Dispatch (from 1893)
- Hamburger Schnellpost Und Allgemeiner Demokratischer Anzeiger (from 18??)
- Hamburger Schnellpost Und Allgemeiner Deutscher Anzeiger (from 1841)
- The Hamburg Item (from 1875)
- The Weekly Item (from 187?)
- The first year of publication was in 187?, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 13777705
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Weekly Item
- Holdings for: LCCN SN86053530
- Published In Schuylkill Haven [Schuylkill County] ...
- Schuylkill Haven Call (from 1900)
- South Schuylkill News (from 2010)
- The Call (from 1903)
- The Call (from 1891)
- The Call (from 1895)
- The Call (from 1969)
- The Schuylkill Haven Map (from 184?)
- The Schuylkill Telegram (from 1893)
- The Weekly Call (from 1894)
- Published In Port Carbon [Schuylkill County] ...
- Port Carbon Gazette, And Schuylkill County Advocate (from 1831)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Published In Pottsville [Schuylkill County] ...
- We know of 58 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Pottsville. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Pottsville
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> of Deer Lake. This extended list includes all the papers from Pottsville. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Deer Lake
- Published In Kempton [Berks County] ...
- The Kempton Rural Press (from 1887)
- Published In Minersville [Schuylkill County] ...
- Minersville Free Press (from 1884)
- Schuylkill Weekly News (from 1978)
- The Minersville Bulletin (from 1850)
- Published In Tamaqua [Schuylkill County] ...
- Tamaqua Daily Item (from 1873)
- Tamaqua Gazette (from 1855)
- Tamaqua Recorder (from 1891)
- The Anthracite Monitor (from 1871)
- The Evening Call (from 1914)
- The Evening Courier (from 1900)
- The Tamaqua Courier (from 187?)
- The Tamaqua Paper (from 1975)
- Published In Mahanoy City [Schuylkill County] ...
- Parker's Tri-Weekly Record (from 1877)
- Saule = The Sun (from 18??)
- The Mahanoy Press (from 1922)
- The Mahanoy Valley Record (from 1871)
- The Record American (from 1918)
- The Tri-Weekly Record (from 18??)
- Wednesday Mahanoy Gazette (from 1865)
- Published In Frackville [Schuylkill County] ...
- Frackville Citizen (from 1958)
- The Frackville Star (from 1892)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Pennsylvania
About Schuylkill County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Deer Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Schuylkill County: www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Deer Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Deer Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Deer Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deer Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.6229, Longitude: -76.0541 In this case, the coordinates for Deer Lake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).