When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Deer Lake.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Deer Lake. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Deer Lake.
Large Airports ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Atlantic City Intl. (ACY/KACY)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Schuylkill Co. Airport (ICAO: KZER)
- Carbon Co. Airport
- Carbon County Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Deer Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon County Airport
- Jake Arner Meml. (FAA ID: 22N)
- Jake Arner Memorial Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Deer Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jake Arner Memorial Airport
- Hazleton Muni. (FAA ID: HZL)
- Hazleton Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Deer Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazleton Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Bendigo Airport (FAA ID: 74N)
- Bendigo Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Deer Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bendigo Airport
- Allentown Queen City Muni. (ICAO: KXLL)
- Northumberland Co. Airport (FAA ID: N79)
- Northumberland County Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Deer Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northumberland County Airport
- Pottstown Muni. (FAA ID: N47)
- Pottstown Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Deer Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pottstown Municipal Airport
- Bloomsburg Muni. (FAA ID: N13)
- Bloomsburg Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Deer Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomsburg Municipal Airport
- Lancaster Airport (LNS/KLNS)
- Pottstown Limerick Airport (PTW/KPTW)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Pennsylvania
About Schuylkill County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Deer Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Schuylkill County: www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Deer Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Deer Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Deer Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Deer Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deer Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.6229, Longitude: -76.0541 In this case, the coordinates for Deer Lake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).