When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Day.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Day. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Day.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Buffalo - Niagara Intl. (BUF/KBUF)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Dubois Rgnl. (DUJ/KDUJ)
- Bradford Rgnl. (BFD/KBFD)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jamestown Airport (JHW/KJHW)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Erie Intl. (ERI/KERI)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Clarion Co. Airport (FAA ID: AXQ)
- Du Bois Airport
- Du Bois - Jefferson County Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the east of Day.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Du Bois - Jefferson County Airport
- Emlenton Muni.
- Emlenton Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Day.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Emlenton Municipal Airport
- Punxsutawney Muni. (FAA ID: N35)
- Punxsutawney Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Day.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Punxsutawney Municipal Airport
- Venango Rgnl. (FKL/KFKL)
- Titusville Airport (FAA ID: 6G1)
- Titusville Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Day.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Titusville Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Pennsylvania
About Clarion County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Day. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Clarion County: www.co.clarion.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Day), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Day) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Day. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.1867, Longitude: -79.2648 In this case, the coordinates for Day have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).