Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Dawson.
Our newspaper information for Dawson is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Dawson. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Dawson. Our list contains 37 papers that were published within 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> of Dawson.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Dawson.
Newspapers Neighboring Dawson ...
The following newspapers were published within 10 miles [16.1 km] of Dawson.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Dawson.
- Published In Connellsville [Fayette County] ...
- Coke Country Chronicle (from 18??)
- Connellsville Daily News (from 1898)
- Connellsville Enterprise (from 1855)
- Connellsville Tribune (from 1874)
- Democratic Sentinel (from 185?)
- Fayette County Republican (from 1899)
- Fayette Monitor And Youghioghenian (from 1871)
- The Courier (from 1902)
- The Courier (from 1888)
- The Daily Courier (from 1974)
- The Fayette Monitor (from 18??)
- The Keystone Courier (from 1869)
- The New Monitor (from 189?)
- The Sunday Courier (from 1906)
- The Temperance Radical (from 1878)
- The Weekly Courier (from 1906)
- Published In New Haven [Fayette County] ...
- New Haven Herald (from 1896)
- Published In Perryopolis [Fayette County] ...
- Published In Scottdale [Westmoreland County] ...
- Miners Record (from 1881)
- Scottdale Independent (from 1882)
- The Independent-Observer (from 1926)
- The Scottdale News-Observer (from 1923)
- The Scottdale News (from 1923)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Published In Mount Pleasant [Westmoreland County] ...
- Mount Pleasant Dawn (from 1875)
- Mount Pleasant Independent (from 1872)
- Mount Pleasant Journal (from 1873)
- Mt. Pleasant Times And Mining Journal (from 1879)
- The Democratic Courier, And Mount Pleasant Literary Gazette (from 1843)
- The Freeman's Register (from 1840)
- Published In Fayette City [Fayette County] ...
- Fayette City Journal (from 1900)
- Published In Uniontown [Fayette County] ...
- We know of 37 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Uniontown. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Uniontown
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> of Dawson. This extended list includes all the papers from Uniontown. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Dawson
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Pennsylvania
About Fayette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Dawson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fayette County: www.fayettepa.org
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dawson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dawson. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dawson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dawson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.0467, Longitude: -79.6539 In this case, the coordinates for Dawson have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).