When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Dawson.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Dawson. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Dawson.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Cleveland / Hopkins Intl. (CLE/KCLE)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Dawson.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Youngstown - Warren Rgnl. (YNG/KYNG)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Wayne Co. Airport (ICAO: KBJJ)
- Cuyahoga Co. Airport (CGF/KCGF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Beaver Co. Airport (ICAO: KBVI)
- Columbiana Co. Airport (FAA ID: 02G)
- Columbiana County Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the west of Dawson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbiana County Airport
- Zelienople Muni. (FAA ID: PJC)
- Zelienople Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Dawson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zelienople Municipal Airport
- New Castle Muni. (ICAO: KUCP)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Youngstown Elser Metro Airport (FAA ID: 4G4)
- Youngstown Elser Metro Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Dawson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Youngstown Elser Metro Airport
- Butler Co. Airport (ICAO: KBTP)
- Jefferson County Airpark (FAA ID: 2G2)
- Salem Airpark Inc Airport (FAA ID: 38D)
- Salem Airpark Inc Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Dawson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salem Airpark Inc Airport
- Rock Airport (FAA ID: 9G1)
- Rock Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Dawson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Pennsylvania
About Beaver County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dawson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Beaver County: www.co.beaver.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dawson), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dawson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dawson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dawson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dawson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.7017, Longitude: -80.4031 In this case, the coordinates for Dawson have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).