When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Dawn Acres.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Dawn Acres. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Dawn Acres.
Large Airports ...
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Syracuse Hancock Intl. (SYR/KSYR)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
- Albany Intl. (ALB/KALB)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Greater Binghamton Airport (BGM/KBGM)
- Morristown Muni. (MMU/KMMU)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Stewart Intl. (SWF/KSWF)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Pocono Mountains Muni. (ICAO: KMPO)
- Scranton Muni.
- Scranton Municipal Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Dawn Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scranton Municipal Airport
- Cherry Ridge Airport (FAA ID: N30)
- Cherry Ridge Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Dawn Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cherry Ridge Airport
- Wilkes - Barre Airport (FAA ID: WBW)
- Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the west of Dawn Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Seamans Fld. (FAA ID: 9N3)
- Seamans Field lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Dawn Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seamans Field
- Stroudsburg - Pocono Airport (FAA ID: N53)
- Stroudsburg - Pocono Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Dawn Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stroudsburg - Pocono Airport
- Hazleton Muni. (FAA ID: HZL)
- Hazleton Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Dawn Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazleton Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Pennsylvania
About Lackawanna County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dawn Acres. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lackawanna County: www.lackawannacounty.org/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dawn Acres), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dawn Acres) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dawn Acres. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.3376, Longitude: -75.5071 In this case, the coordinates for Dawn Acres have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).