When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Davistown.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Davistown. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Davistown.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 53 miles [85.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Davistown.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Dubois Rgnl. (DUJ/KDUJ)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Davistown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Davistown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Somerset Co. Airport (FAA ID: 2G9)
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Davistown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Pennsylvania
About Fayette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Davistown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fayette County: www.fayettepa.org
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Davistown), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Davistown) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Davistown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.0415, Longitude: -79.4034 In this case, the coordinates for Davistown have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).