When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Davidson.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Davidson. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Davidson.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Davidson.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Davidson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Davidson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Inter Co. Airport (FAA ID: 31D)
- Inter County Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north of Davidson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter County Airport
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Davidson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Davidson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Pennsylvania
About Fayette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Davidson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fayette County: www.fayettepa.org
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Davidson), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Davidson) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Davidson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.9887, Longitude: -79.8464 In this case, the coordinates for Davidson have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).