When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Darling.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Darling. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Darling.
Large Airports ...
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- Atlantic City Intl. (ACY/KACY)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Morristown Muni. (MMU/KMMU)
- Teterboro Airport (TEB/KTEB)
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Brandywine Airport (ICAO: KOQN)
- Spitfire Aero. (FAA ID: 7N7)
- Spitfire Aerodrome Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spitfire Aerodrome Airport
- New Garden Airport (FAA ID: N57)
- New Garden Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Garden Airport
- New Castle Airport (ILG/KILG)
- Continue List (11 more) ...
- Wings Fld. (ICAO: KLOM)
- Perkiomen Valley Airport (FAA ID: N10)
- Perkiomen Valley Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perkiomen Valley Airport
- Chester Co. Airport (CTH/KMQS)
- Pottstown Limerick Airport (PTW/KPTW)
- Cross Keys Airport (FAA ID: 17N)
- Cross Keys Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cross Keys Airport
- Pottstown Muni. (FAA ID: N47)
- Pottstown Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pottstown Municipal Airport
- Northeast Philadelphia Airport (PNE/KPNE)
- Summit Airport (FAA ID: EVY)
- Summit Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summit Airport
- Southern Cross Airport (FAA ID: C01)
- Southern Cross Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Southern Cross Airport
- Cecil Co. Airport (FAA ID: 58M)
- Cecil County Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cecil County Airport
- Camden - Burlington County
- Camden - Burlington County lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Darling.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camden - Burlington County
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Pennsylvania
About Delaware County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Darling. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Delaware County: www.co.delaware.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Darling), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Darling) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Darling. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.9034, Longitude: -75.4696 In this case, the coordinates for Darling have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).