When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Dalton.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Dalton. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Dalton.
Large Airports ...
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- Syracuse Hancock Intl. (SYR/KSYR)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Greater Binghamton Airport (BGM/KBGM)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Elmira - Corning Rgnl. (ELM/KELM)
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Stewart Intl. (SWF/KSWF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Seamans Fld. (FAA ID: 9N3)
- Seamans Field lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Dalton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seamans Field
- Scranton Muni.
- Scranton Municipal Airport lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Dalton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scranton Municipal Airport
- Wilkes - Barre Airport (FAA ID: WBW)
- Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Dalton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Pennsylvania
About Lackawanna County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dalton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lackawanna County: www.lackawannacounty.org/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dalton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dalton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dalton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dalton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dalton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5345, Longitude: -75.7380 In this case, the coordinates for Dalton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).