When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Dallas Acres.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Dallas Acres. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Dallas Acres.
Large Airports ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- York Airport (ICAO: KTHV)
- * (FAA ID: N71)
- * lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Dallas Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on *
- Capital City Airport (HAR/KCXY)
- Lancaster Airport (LNS/KLNS)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Smoketown Airport (FAA ID: S37)
- Smoketown Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Dallas Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smoketown Airport
- Carroll County Rgnl. (ICAO: KDMW)
- Carroll Co. Airport
- Gettysburg Rgnl. (FAA ID: W05)
- Gettysburg Regional Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Dallas Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gettysburg Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Pennsylvania
About York County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dallas Acres. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for York County: www.york-county.org/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dallas Acres), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dallas Acres) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dallas Acres. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.9018, Longitude: -76.6619 In this case, the coordinates for Dallas Acres have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).