When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cressona.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cressona. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cressona.
Large Airports ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- Atlantic City Intl. (ACY/KACY)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Schuylkill Co. Airport (ICAO: KZER)
- Bendigo Airport (FAA ID: 74N)
- Bendigo Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Cressona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bendigo Airport
- Northumberland Co. Airport (FAA ID: N79)
- Northumberland County Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Cressona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northumberland County Airport
- Carbon Co. Airport
- Carbon County Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Cressona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon County Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Jake Arner Meml. (FAA ID: 22N)
- Jake Arner Memorial Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Cressona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jake Arner Memorial Airport
- Hazleton Muni. (FAA ID: HZL)
- Hazleton Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Cressona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazleton Municipal Airport
- Bloomsburg Muni. (FAA ID: N13)
- Bloomsburg Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Cressona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomsburg Municipal Airport
- Lancaster Airport (LNS/KLNS)
- Pottstown Muni. (FAA ID: N47)
- Pottstown Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Cressona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pottstown Municipal Airport
- Allentown Queen City Muni. (ICAO: KXLL)
- Penn Valley Airport (ICAO: KSEG)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Pennsylvania
About Schuylkill County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cressona. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Schuylkill County: www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cressona), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cressona) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cressona. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cressona
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cressona. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.6304, Longitude: -76.1944 In this case, the coordinates for Cressona have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).