Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Cresson.
Our newspaper information for Cresson is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 2 papers that were published in the immediate area of Cresson. In addition, the list contains another 55 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Cresson. In total, we've identified 57 papers within 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> of Cresson.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Cresson.
Newspapers Published In Cresson ...
The following newspapers have been published in the immediate area of Cresson:
- Penn-Central News (from 192?)
- The Cresson Record (from 1895)
Newspapers Neighboring Cresson ...
The following newspapers were published within 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> of Cresson.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Cresson.
- Published In Gallitzin [Cambria County] ...
- Gallitzin Weekly Times (from 1894)
- Industrial Vindicator (from 1887)
- The Gallitzin Item (from 1917)
- The Gallitzin News (from 1885)
- The Gallitzin Tru-val-ier (from 1939)
- The Weekly Item (from 1906)
- The Weekly News (from 1885)
- Tru-val-ier (from 1937)
- Published In Ebensburg [Cambria County] ...
- Cambria Gazette (from 1824)
- Daily Mountaineer (from 1891)
- Democrat And Sentinel (from 1853)
- Democratic Journal (from 1838)
- Ebensburg Mountaineer-Herald (from 1899)
- Ebensburg Mountaineer (from 1893)
- Mountaineer Herald (from 1898)
- The Alleghanian (from 1859)
- The Cambria County Shopper (from 1985)
- The Cambria Freeman (from 1867)
- The Cambria Herald (from 1871)
- The Ebensburg Alleghanian (from 1865)
- The Ebensburg Sky (from 1832)
- The Mountain Democrat (from 1852)
- The Mountain Sentinel (from 1844)
- The Mountaineer-Herald (from 1952)
- The Mountaineer (from 1891)
- The Mountaineer (from 1858)
- The Mountaineer (from 1836)
- The Olive Branch And Cambria Record (from 1819)
- The Sky (from 183?)
- Years of publication: 183? to 1832
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 12642716
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Sky
- Holdings for: LCCN SN85054833
- Published In Portage [Cambria County] ...
- Southern Cambria News And The Portage Dispatch (from 1927)
- The Cambria Dispatch (from 1929)
- The Mine Post (from 1951)
- The Portage Dispatch (from 1948)
- The Portage Dispatch (from 1912)
- Published In Duncansville [Blair County] ...
- The Blair County Shoppers Guide (from 1978)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Published In Altoona [Blair County] ...
- We know of 34 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Altoona. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Altoona
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> of Cresson. This extended list includes all the papers from Altoona. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Cresson
- Published In Hollidaysburg [Blair County] ...
- Beacon Light (from 1843)
- Blair County Whig And Hollidaysburg And Gaysport Telegraph (from 1849)
- Blair Press (from 1963)
- Canal And Portage Register (from 1836)
- Democratic Standard And Huntingdon County Gazette (from 1839)
- Democratic Standard (from 1842)
- Hollidaysburg Observer (from 1984)
- Hollidaysburg Register, And Blair County Inquirer (from 1846)
- Hollidaysburgh Register (from 1849)
- The Aurora And Courier (from 1833)
- The Hollidaysburg Register (from 1868)
- Published In Carrolltown [Cambria County] ...
- Carrolltown News (from 1883)
- The Northern Cambria News (from 1879)
- Published In Patton [Cambria County] ...
- The Patton Courier (from 1893)
- The Union Press (from 1935)
- Union Press-Courier (from 1936)
- Published In South Fork [Cambria County] ...
- South Fork Courier (from 1887)
- South Fork Record (from 1894)
- Published In Dunlo [Cambria County] ...
- The Dunlo News (from 1912)
- Published In Roaring Spring [Blair County] ...
- The Cove News (from 1930)
- The Weekly News (from 1906)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Pennsylvania
About Cambria County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Cresson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cambria County: www.co.cambria.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cresson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cresson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cresson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cresson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.4634, Longitude: -78.5914 In this case, the coordinates for Cresson have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).