When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cresson.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cresson. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cresson.
Large Airports ...
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Dubois Rgnl. (DUJ/KDUJ)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 86 miles [138.4 km]<2> miles to the west of Cresson.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Bradford Rgnl. (BFD/KBFD)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Ebensburg Airport (FAA ID: 9G8)
- Ebensburg Airport lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Cresson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ebensburg Airport
- Altoona - Blair Co. Airport (AOO/KAOO)
- Bedford Co. Airport (FAA ID: HMZ)
- Indiana Co. Airport (IDI/KIDI)
- Somerset Co. Airport (FAA ID: 2G9)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Pennsylvania
About Cambria County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cresson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cambria County: www.co.cambria.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cresson), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cresson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cresson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cresson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cresson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.4634, Longitude: -78.5914 In this case, the coordinates for Cresson have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).