Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Craighead.
Our newspaper information for Craighead is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Craighead. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Craighead. Our list contains 41 papers that were published within 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> of Craighead.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Craighead.
Newspapers Neighboring Craighead ...
The following newspapers were published within 12 miles [19.3 km] of Craighead.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Craighead.
- Published In Mount Holly Springs [Cumberland County] ...
- The Mountain Echo (from 1871)
- The Mt. Holly Echo (from 1901)
- Published In Carlisle [Cumberland County] ...
- We know of 67 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Carlisle. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Carlisle
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> of Craighead. This extended list includes all the papers from Carlisle. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Craighead
- Published In Middlesex [Cumberland County] ...
- Middlesex Monitor (from 19??)
- Published In Latimore [Adams County] ...
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Published In Dillsburg [York County] ...
- Dillsburg Banner (from 1987)
- Dillsburg Bulletin (from 187?)
- Dillsburg Weekly Bulletin (from 188?)
- The Community News (from 1965)
- The Dillsburg New Era (from 1875)
- The Weekly Bulletin And Tri-County Farm News (from 1919)
- Weekly Bulletin (from 1928)
- Published In Mechanicsburg [Cumberland County] ...
- We know of 28 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Mechanicsburg. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Mechanicsburg
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> of Craighead. This extended list includes all the papers from Mechanicsburg. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Craighead
- Published In York Springs [Adams County] ...
- The Item
- The first year of publication is unknown, with the last issue in 1901
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 16576282
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Item
- Holdings for: LCCN SN88080890
- York Springs Comet (from 1877)
- York Springs Item (from 1901)
- Published In Newville [Cumberland County] ...
- The Enterprise (from 1874)
- The Newville Times (from 1885)
- The Star And Enterprise (from 1886)
- The Star Of The Valley (from 1864)
- The Times (from 188?)
- The Valley Star (from 1858)
- The Valley Star (from 1858)
- The Valley Times-Star (from 191?)
- The Valley Times (from 1903)
- Published In Shiremanstown [Cumberland County] ...
- The Regulator (from 1837)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Pennsylvania
About Cumberland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Craighead. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Craighead) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Craighead. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Craighead
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Craighead. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.1473, Longitude: -77.1705