When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Coxes Village.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Coxes Village. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Coxes Village.
Large Airports ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
- Morristown Muni. (MMU/KMMU)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hazleton Muni. (FAA ID: HZL)
- Hazleton Municipal Airport lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Coxes Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazleton Municipal Airport
- Carbon Co. Airport
- Carbon County Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Coxes Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon County Airport
- Jake Arner Meml. (FAA ID: 22N)
- Jake Arner Memorial Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Coxes Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jake Arner Memorial Airport
- Wilkes - Barre Airport (FAA ID: WBW)
- Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Coxes Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Bloomsburg Muni. (FAA ID: N13)
- Bloomsburg Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Coxes Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomsburg Municipal Airport
- Schuylkill Co. Airport (ICAO: KZER)
- Pocono Mountains Muni. (ICAO: KMPO)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Pennsylvania
About Carbon County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coxes Village. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Carbon County: www.carboncounty.com/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Coxes Village), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coxes Village) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coxes Village. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Coxes Village
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coxes Village. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.9355, Longitude: -75.9270