When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cowden.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cowden. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cowden.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Inter Co. Airport (FAA ID: 31D)
- Inter County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Cowden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter County Airport
- Wheeling - Ohio Co. Airport (HLG/KHLG)
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jefferson County Airpark (FAA ID: 2G2)
- Rock Airport (FAA ID: 9G1)
- Rock Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Cowden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock Airport
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Cowden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Cowden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
- Beaver Co. Airport (ICAO: KBVI)
- Zelienople Muni. (FAA ID: PJC)
- Zelienople Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Cowden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zelienople Municipal Airport
- Columbiana Co. Airport (FAA ID: 02G)
- Columbiana County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Cowden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbiana County Airport
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Cowden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Pennsylvania
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cowden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Washington County: www.co.washington.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cowden), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cowden) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cowden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.3178, Longitude: -80.1970 In this case, the coordinates for Cowden have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).